COVID-19 seems to be causing quite a stir as we lead into the new year. With threats of another shut-down people are scrambling to figure out their next move and how they will make it through this next phase.
Even with the pandemic people are still arranging moves trying to get settle into what seems to be the new norm.
Why are so many people moving during a pandemic?
- Many people cannot afford their current living situation under a nation shutdown due to loss wages.
- Families are moving in together to save on the cost of living.
- Some areas of the country are at higher risk than others causing people to move to low-risk areas.
- People are taking advantage of the opportunity to buy or sell.
- More people are seeking work from home opportunities.
States seeing the most movement in 2020. Read more!
Get up to date information on the latest long distance moving trends!
Where were people most likely to move? Which places were they most likely to leave behind?
The top States that have seen the highest population increase in 2020
- North Carolina
- New Mexico
The States where people are leaving in 2020
- Washington, DC
- New York
The cases where Covid-19 has seen peak numbers have seen the most movement for obvious reasons. Lets remain hopeful that as the Covid-19 vaccine is distributed, we can gradually get back to life as we once knew it.
Top 3 Moving Styles
Do It Yourself Move
Full Service Move